Friday, October 30, 2009

Drama. Drama. Drama.

It's never good when thinking of all the activities you need to partake in today bring the Jaws theme to your mind. Today is the day I have to talk to my section about their horribly disrespectful behavior last Friday. I am not particularly looking forward to this speech. I spent about 20 minutes in my Romans/Galatians class writing it. I'm nervous. I hate to have to tell my section how disappointed I am in then when really it is only a few of them, but then again I can't point people out even though they all know who was the cause of the chaos last Friday, the question is if those people themselves know. If they don't know now, they will. We also switched rooms with the 1st sopranos which I am not looking forward to because my section already has issues with looking in the mirror too much during class, what are they going to do with themselves in a room full of mirrors?! The accompanist is coming in to help me today, I also am not looking forward to that. She makes me nervous as I have addressed in previous posts and she tends to take over in the middle of my sectional. I don't want anyone to play for me or to help me, all I want is to sit at the piano, play the notes for them, and be in control of my WHOLE sectional, not just the directing (which has never been my specialty, then again I have never really tried because it makes me nervous and I don't know how). I wish I could really listen to what Sage is saying, I can't focus to save my life. Hopefully I pass the exam next week, thank God for the reading, otherwise I would be so screwed. I am really excited about this weekend, my get away with my man for my birthday. There is so much drama going on with this special event that was supposed to be fun and enjoyable for me, being the birthday girl and all. I am aware my birthday is not for 6 more days and that next weekend is technically my "birthday weekend" but I had to move that because DH informed me I was not allowed to miss Dinner Rally (which is the concert going on that weekend, not that anyone would notice my absence), but he told me he may have to have me "tell them to do something," but I think he just didn't want the other directors to find out and he would look bad. Anyway, Chris moved my surprise weekend to this weekend instead not realizing that I had a concert this Sunday. I figured I could miss it, just being a half hour show for old people where there isn't even a sermon or food for us. We just go, sing, and leave. Having been there my freshman year I didn't see it as being a big deal because they old people home is so laid back, but according to DH, it's a huge deal. He is just worried the girls will notice my absence, not that they will care but whatever. So when I told him I wouldn't be there this Sunday he wigged and told me to move it Dinner Rally weekend (the one we had in the first place and my actually birthday weekend) and that he doesn't care if I miss that. When I told him he told me I couldn't miss that, he denied it. I told him I couldn't move it again, and if I cancel Chris will lose his deposit and he has been saving up for this and trying to do something special for me. To top it all off, he says if I miss he is going to drop my grade by a whole letter which would be a "B" but it still affects my GPA and how stupid to get a B in choir, especially when you are the president. I told him the only options were not going to the concert and getting my grade dropped, not going to the weekend and just staying for some stupid half hour concert on Sunday, or going to the weekend and driving through the night to get here by 8:30 am on Sunday and be cranky, tired, and probably not sing the half hour show and be pissed about it. I talked to many people, including my mom who agrees with me and understands and says she will support whatever I decide and I decided I'm doing the weekend. Hopefully he doesn't remember at the end of the year, the officers decide not to drop my grade, but mostly it's my birthday and I'm not willing to give it up for DH or the choir I give my whole life, heart, and soul for and just want this one thing. DUMB.

No comments: