Friday, October 23, 2009

From Smiles to Sorrow

Oh the awkward beginnings of relationships which span through the elements of like, to love, to the futile breakups and heartache. It seems everyday, everywhere, there is a couple awkwardly avoiding one another, "playing it cool," and enjoying the random giddiness of having a crush that leaves a stupid happy smile splattered across your face at the randomest of moments. Somewhere else, is someone hurting, grieving, crying, or screaming in hate or pain at being parted with by another. I think Joan Crawford says it best, "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell." Listening to people talk about liking someone who is taken or someone who doesn't know they like them warms MY heart. To be in that special/nauseating time of your love life is intriguing and slightly hilarious to me. For the sake of saving my friend some embarrassment, I will leave names out. Let's call him Yohan. Tonight he would like me to go to dinner with him and invite the girl in my choir, let's call her Kelly. Little does he know, I already have plans this evening but intend on telling him at the last minute, leaving them to have an awkward first meal together thus forcing them to communicate and get to know each other, if just as friends. He doesn't have much of a choice for anything more than friends, because her heart has already been spoken for, but you never know, he is a bit devious, as he has so proudly informed me. Yohan wants me to, "Make sure it happens," that I invite her tonight, don't worry friend, I will. It will be good for them to be friends, if just for the sake of making another friend. It is always good to have another friend in the music building since we spend so much time here. Well, that reveals a bit too much information. Moving on...

No comments: