Friday, January 1, 2010

Years That Come and Go

Here we are in the year 2010. We have made it through another decade, how crazy is that?! There are so many memories and things to be said about the past 10 years of my life. I have gone through puberty, first crushes, first boyfriends, first loves, first kiss, first day in middle school, becoming a teenager, becoming an adult, turning the big 20, voting for the first time, buying my first lottery ticket, paying my first bill, getting my license, first day of high school, graduation from high school and junior high, graduation from elementary school, first day of college, and so many other monumental moments that would take me hours to go through them all. I can't believe another decade has passed, though I have only experienced two in my lifetime. I am going into the year of 2010 a young woman. No longer a teenager, I enter this year with new eyes, though I do not feel any different than I did at 19. I do find great joy in saying, "stupid teenagers" now and again. I am entering my second semester as a junior in college at Azusa Pacific University, planning my junior recital, and first performance, as a music major and as a college student. I am also living on my own (on campus) with three other roommates, but I do pay for my own food and utilities. I cannot believe that I am growing up so fast, I feel like I was 10 years old yesterday. I have a boyfriend whom I love, friends whom I adore, and a family that loves me. I am so fortunate to be alive, have such a wonderful life, and I thank God for everything He has blessed me with. I, unlike many other people, did not set a new year's resolution, I could not even think of something. Sure, there are plenty of things I would like to accomplish, but I feel when you set yourself that kind of goal it is always attempted and thought of in vain. One year I said I would write in my journal every year, that was the last time my journal heard from me. I said I would work out, 50 sit ups later I gave up. I said I would stop biting my nails, hear that? Nope, because my fingernails don't make any noise when I type because they are nonexistent. I started to write this because I was bored and frustrated my boyfriend had fallen asleep leaving me nothing to do, but now I am grateful for the chance to reflect on the past 10 years, look forward to the years to come and my desires for the future, and lay out my life in front of me with the simple touch of my fingers to the keys. Good night, good night, for all is well in the land of all.

No comments: