Friday, January 1, 2010

New Day for a New Year

Well, it has been a fairly low profile evening for me. I know I wrote earlier, but it was more of a reflection then a journal entry. I spent New Years Eve with Chris reflecting (talking/crying) about all the things we feel we have issues on in our relationship and what we can each do personally to make things better. It was actually helpful and healthy for us. I feel really good about the whole discussion. We then poured ourselves two glasses of water and toasted the New Year as the ball dropped in New York at midnight and then shared our first kiss for the year of 2010 and the beginning of the decade. Both being sick, my mostly fully recovered aside from a stuffy nose and Chris not doing much better at all, we did not do anything to extravagant. We then went off to bed to wake up at 6 am this morning so I could go home and get ready for work. I then went back to bed and woke up at 7am, got dressed, then preceded to call Chris 13 times because my mom didn't wake up to take me to work. Then I went to work and opened with Derek. I was actually really happy to be at work since, being New Years and technically a holiday, I got time and a half. Spent the morning helping Derek detail the store, I know I am going to feel the effects from scrubbing the floor tomorrow. After work Chris picked me up and we went to his house and watched a few episodes of Friends. We then did a little bit of shopping at Walmart and Blockbuster. Then we went to The Habit, somewhere we have never been together I like that we are trying something new, and ate dinner. We then went home and watched Shrek the Halls and attempted to watch Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I was not at all amused, and Chris fell asleep anyway and was snoring. I felt bad he was sick, but being only 8pm I was bored so I called my mom, told Chris I was leaving which being completely incoherent he did not seem to notice/care, and went home. I then hung out in my room and watched Journey to the Center of the Earth which I have both seen and own, but have been feeling like seeing again since I have only seen it once. Not much of an eventful day or evening to say the least, but I certainly enjoyed it. It is so nice to be able to relax and do nothing if I feel like it.

Well then, until next time. Peace.

No comments: