Sunday, November 22, 2009

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

In agony I watch you leave, in joy I long for the hours to quickly pass so that we may be reunited once again. I cry every time he leaves. Being in a long distance relationship is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to face. I thank God every day that the distance is not greater. I now understand that God knew what he was doing when he led all the other men astray. I have dated two military men and I do not believe I am strong enough to endure what those incredible military wives, mothers, sisters, and other women endure every day. I cannot even begin to imagine living without him for months, even years without a touch, a kiss, or even a smile. It would break my heart. I have more respect for those women than I could ever explain, they are incredible, they are the essence of courage in my opinion. I would love to shake every one of their hands, they amaze me with the ability to support, love, and still hold it together for their men as they watch them go off into dangerous, life threatening situations where they have no guarantee that they will indeed return home. I do not think I could do that. It pathetically pains me knowing I will not see him for 7 days. My heart longs to be near his at all times, despite all costs. I have grown so much this past year. I do not render my responsibilities to run home to see him, I understand that we need to deal with the distance and the hardship that comes along with that, it is hard, to say the least, but I think we have come so far and are doing so well. We understand the importance of the lives we are currently living and even if the other is not there, we must go on with our responsibilities and our lives, and know that we will soon be reunited, our love gets us through it all. I hope he knows how much he means to me and the love that flows from every kiss, smile, touch, and gaze that we exchange. He holds my heart, and no one could ever take that away from us.

No comments: