Friday, September 11, 2009

A day in the life of a music major

Being a junior in college, and feeling as if I have encountered so much, yet nothing at all, is a wonderful place to be in life. Sitting outside of Starbucks with someone older and much wiser than me sharing my stories from college and my years in high school was an experience. haha. She was so interested in my stories, she suggested I make a blog for all the funny stories and interesting things I have encountered throughout my life and more specifically, in my small Christian college. I don't feel my life has been that interesting, at least not in anyone else's eyes, but apparently I am sadly mistaken. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Today, September 11, 2009, I am sitting in Room 116 of the music building, listening to Professor Sage talk about Baroque music vs. Renaissance music. Typing in class is not something I do often, but it distracting when the man sitting in front of you is playing WOW (World of Warcraft, for those of you who aren't nerds like me who spent 10 minutes staring at the screen trying to figure out what in the world he was doing!) I am now heading to Bel Canto, my first official section rehearsal of the year for the soprano 2's and I am ridiculously nervous. 24 college freshman, then me, the lowly junior. Wish my luck! I haven't decided if this blog thing is something I want to do, would be good at, once I get comfortable with it, my posts will be be MUCH more interesting, I promise. I have stories galore as I learned last night.

No comments: