Sunday, September 20, 2009

What To Do

I love him so much this just tears me apart. I hate that this has been on my mind so much, or that this bothers me so much. I don't want to be the girlfriend that tries to change her boyfriend, isn't happy until she has transformed him into the man she wants him to be. I love everything about him. I love and accept that this is who he is. It is so hard going places and trying to be social and have a good time, however, when all he does is sit in a corner and not talk to anyone. It really bothers me. I just don't think it is right. I want to be open with him, but there is no way to fix this. I should just get over this, move on, but it really pains me to have him sit in a corner alone. I don't want to go places because I know he won't talk to anyone, and it ruins it for me. I hate that my friends have to tell me this is going to stunt me socially, I am very social and I LOVE to be social, but that will change as the years go on because I will feel obligated to stay home with him or not talk to people too. This is a never ending circle. It makes me want to cry. They feel like he doesn't want to talk to them. At family events, my family thinks they don't like them, that he is unhappy, or he is being rude by sitting there not trying to get to know my family and friends. If he wants to do that with his family, fine. They are used to that and know him, but with me he should just make the effort and that does not include just going to the event. I need him to at least stand with me, I would do everything in my power to include him and make him have fun if he did that for me. I know this may be selfish, but I don't want this to affect our relationship as a whole. We are perfect, we have a great time, this is something that is just weighing on my mind and I hate that. What do I do?

No comments: