Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Racism

Listening to that lady tell her story of being a child survivor of the Holocaust was incredible! It was so sad to see what really happened from someone who experienced first hand but it was interesting to find out about all the things that occurred as well and how she felt then and now. It is a miracle in itself that she survived but how cool that 5 people made it to America and that they were on the first boat to ever come over here with survivors was very cool I thought. She was such a nice lady too and getting to talk to her afterwards was very cool. She hugged and I felt I could feel all the pain and things she's experienced I just wanted to cry when she hugged me but tell her how happy I was to meet her at the same time. I hate how hate others and treat others it just doesn't make sense to me. To judge people in that fashion based off color or beliefs is ridiculous. I don't think I've ever personally struggled with it but one of my best friends is Jewish and I know she's dealt with it, not as harshly as the Holocaust survivor, but still it hurts. I remember someone saying during one of the fires a couple years ago when ash was flying everywhere them saying oh look it's raining Jews and her being right there. The look on her face just stabbed me even though I didn't say the horrible comment I felt the pain she did in hearing a comment like that. She just held her head up high and looked at them, told them that was really rude and that they should be ashamed for saying something that rude and walked away, then of course there was my best friend Ashleigh who yelled at him, socked him in the arm, and told him he's a jerk but not that word. :) I was mad I yelled at him and told him how stupid I thought he was among other things. Overall I think racism and prejudice against people is a waste of time and energy.

No comments: