Sunday, October 7, 2007

Using my Strengths

1) How can these strengths work against you if you don't manage them?

As for empathy I care about people and their feelings but I can't let other people's feelings affect me. It's great to care about people and love them, support them but I don't need to take their troubles and make them my own. Sometimes when people tell me all their problems I feel like they become my problems because I start stressing out because of what's going on with them. I need to make sure I step back and make sure I worry about my feelings occasionally if that makes any sense. Strategic is good for planning and getting things done but sometimes I need to step out of my box and experience life without a calender and let things come as they may. It is always good to make others feel wanted and included but sometimes I don't include myself and worry about others making friends and I forget about myself. I can be shy and stand offish sometimes and I need to make sure I don't forget to include myself as well as others. I love to learn which is great and nothing wrong with it but I need to take a break and have fun sometimes and that applies to being an achiever too, I'm always striving towards something trying to get everything done in one day but I need to learn to take a step back, breath, and just enjoy life. I need to step my busy bee life aside sometimes.

2) How do you plan to build on these strengths during your first semester at APU?

Empathy, I want to get know people, build friendships, and love on people. I don't want to the relationships where you wave in the hall or ask how they are in passing but you actually stop to see how they are. I love to be there for people and help them but I sort of want friends that will do the same for me as well which is what I feeling is homesick about, those people I left at home but I want friends here like that. Me there for them and them for me.
Includer, I want to make sure no one feels left out, that no one hates being here because they don't feel like they have any friends, that would just kill me. I truly want everyone to have a friend here because us as a school, community, and siblings in Christ need to love one another and never leave anyone behind. Bush would be so proud.
Strategic, I want to improve this strength even more because I'm going to need it being a music major. I need to learn to plan my time for school but also to get out of my room and experience college for the people and the fun not just the scholastic qualities it has to offer.
Learner, As wonderful as it is to learn and trust me nothing would thrill me more then sitting in my room with my head in a book learning everything there is to learn about Italy or whatever, I want to learn about people and God. I want to learn all I can about what I can do for them and what God wants me to do. I want to learn everything I can classes wise as well but my goal is to learn everything God wants me to learn and then some.
Achiever, I really want my dad to be proud of me. I know that my mom is so proud about me being here and going to college like I wanted unlike my dad wanted, for me to go to a community college for awhile, instead of living my dream coming here. I want him to see me succeed and know that my being here was the right choice and it's where I'm suppose to be. As a achiever that's my goal. But not only do I want to do well and achieve all my goals and do well in my classes but I want to do well for me, for my benefit. I want to see myself succeed for me most of all as much as I love my parents I need this for me as much, if not more, as I do for them.

Hopefully that made sense if not I apologize but it made sense to me I guess.

No comments: