Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cleanliness is Equivalent to Godliness Everywhere in the World Except My Apartment

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware the ability to clean a dish after using it, or sometime in the near future (meaning not 3 days later), was so unbelievably difficult. I am literally on the verge of having a neurotic combustion due to the lack of cleanliness I am currently experiencing in my residence. Let me clarify, there are (dirty) dishes currently setting up camp in my kitchen sink looking as if they have no intention of vacating the area anytime in the near future! Now my (kind) roommate, who shall remain nameless, believes we need to give my (slob) roommate time to do the dishes on her own. She wants her to "learn" from seeing them sitting there, that we will not clean up after her. I, however, think that she is not a child and is never going to do the dishes! What irritates me more than the fact that they have been sitting in the sink, covered in food particles, since Wednesday, is the fact that whenever we have sat down to have this discussion about dishes as a whole, she is the first to jump in with, "I was always taught that when you use a dish you clean it, so let's try to do that guys!" She rarely cleans her dishes period, let alone right after she uses one!!!! I'm not sure how much longer my (OCD) roommate and I can take this!! We are going crazy, I honestly think we leave on weekends to get away from the mess, not the company. Today is going to be the day I lock myself in my room and do homework, partly because I have work to do, and sadly, partly because I can not stand to look at the mess any longer. Last year I hid from my roommates at all cost, this year I hide from my kitchen sink: what I change in pace.

No comments: