Sunday, December 19, 2010

Petty

Just a mess of thoughts running through my crazy mind. I do not know what to feel, what to think, or even what to write. This is probably going to spill out like jelly beans from a knocked over jar, a mess of color that looks pretty, but sucks to clean up after. SO many people are getting married or engaged now. I guess I have hit that age. My friend Alysha just had a baby, my cousin is pregnant, my friends Meghan, Keyera, and Lauren all got engaged within this month. It is just a mess of stuff to take on at one time. So far, I have 10 friends that are engaged and 6 married friends. Not all of the married friends are ones I talk to on a regular basis or are friends I am particularly close to, but it just trips me out knowing that this many people are settled down or preparing to settle down. It's not that I am unhappy about their new found happiness, if anything, I am ecstatic for them! I am just overwhelmed by THIS much joy and love going on. That sounds equally cynical, but I am just feeling lost and left behind. I thought I was going to be one of those people, but not this soon. Now that it is no longer a reality for me, I feel a bit bitter when I see others taking on that feat. It is good for them. I just wish that I weren't hurting right now and their happiness weren't highlighting my own disappointment.

Stop being ridiculous Christina. I need to be happy for my friends. I need to embrace their happiness and not hold any unpleasant feelings during their time of excitement and bliss. This is a time to celebrate, not to mourn your own selfish losses. Grow up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a special time for everyone, and one day, God knows when that day is, that day will come for you. AND we will ALL be SOOOOO excited for you!!! Don't let the devil take over your thoughts, believe me, it's not worth it! Trust in God, and His plan for you, and everything will come together (but that's not saying there will be any down points). We love you Christina!!

Christina said...

Thank you, that was very sweet of you to say and happened to be exactly what I needed. You are absolutely right, I need to not let the devil take hold of my mind or allow my thoughts to be tainted with negativity in anyway. Thank you for the encouragement, love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad that's what you needed to hear. Plus that's what I'm here for, cuz I wuv you too!