Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Meet

Today is going to be a good day! I can feel it in the air, this is God's day. Today my mom, my dad, and my grandma and I are all headed out to Port Hueneme to see Jason lead worship and preach at his church. I am so excited! I have seen him play drums for worship and mandolin; I have also seen him do a short worship time for his worship design class, but I have never truly seen him in his element. I am so excited to see him on stage worshiping, as well as, excited to hear him speak. I know he is going to be great and God is going to work through him. He has been a bit stressed about his speech so I am happy that it is almost over only because he will feel better. I am really excited to hear it though! This is also the first time our parents are meeting. It was supposed to be just my mom and his mom meeting, then heading to lunch as the four of us. However, my grandma decided she really wanted to go and his mom Mary said that was fine. Then my dad decides he wants to come so that explains that. It should be fine though. I am mostly looking forward to my mom meeting his mom. His mom is so wonderful. I've only met her twice and I love her already. She makes me feel so welcomed, comfortable, loved, and appreciated. It took her less than 5 minutes to do all that and I was completely blown away. I fell in love with her instantly! I have never met anyone as nice as my mom and I was so excited to meet someone who is just as kind-hearted and loving as my own mother. It also explains a lot about Jason, which I love! Anyway, I will have to update how the sermon and meeting actually went, but until then wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, exciting!! How did it go? So...are you two official, or are you waiting for your mom's response...the suspense is in the air....duh.duh.duh.... lol ;)

Christina said...

It was exciting!!! It went really well! It was very fun, I will have to post about it so I can be more expansive. We aren't "official" I mean technically I guess we are together; he tells everyone (his friends from home and family) that I am his girlfriend and my mom calls him my sorta boyfriend, but I still need a bit more time. We just seem to be moving right along. The meeting was very casual and the restaurant was loud, so they did not get to talk as much as I would have liked. There is plenty of time for that though. :)

Anonymous said...

That's good! I'm glad it went well. When you meet in a public setting that is bound to happen. Maybe next time they can meet and your house, or vice versa. The second meeting is really where things get more intimate anyways. Things are "weird" if you know what I mean.
Ya just take it one step at a time. It doesn't mean that things won't happen between you both, if you guys are labeled "official." It's just a label, and it doesn't mean that you like each other less, etc. It's in your heart and your feelings, where the true meaning count. :)