Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Battle

As I sit here contemplating what my life is going to look like over the course of this next year, I wonder what I will do in the many situations that will be placed across my path. Will I do the right thing? Will I know what the right thing is? Will I struggle in my attempt to maintain my personal and professional relationships? I worry about myself and my job. I worry that I do not have as strong of a grasp on this situation as I had originally thought. The pressure, though great, is not exceedingly overwhelming, but I fear that the worst as yet to arise. I wholeheartedly believe in the democracy in which we are currently involved, however, I am questioning the trust that I thought was once so strong. I feel the strings of trust and dedication are withering away like scraps of paper in a roaring fire. I want so badly for this all to be set right. A decision must be made either way, and I believe that the only way to maintain the relationships that I have spent the past 3 years developing, is to embrace the truth despite the feelings of betrayal and set forth into this new idea. Though I believe that maintaining this trust with those whose opinions and suggestions matter, the includer in me worries that this will push the others away. This is not my intention at all. As a leader I must do what is best for the ones with whom I lead, and I feel this is a part of my job. You must take the good and the bad with a grain of salt, so here goes my adventure into the world of politics; oh how I never saw you coming.

No comments: