Saturday, October 30, 2010

Left in the Midst

What have you lost?

I lost my best friend.
I lost the love of my life.
I lost my heart.
I lost him.
I lost a part of myself.
I lost my other half.
I lost hope.
I lost my plans.
I lost my comfort.
I lost my support.
I lost love.
I lost my future.
I lost happiness.
I lost everything.

What am I left with?

Pain, so much pain. Heartache. I am left with an overwhelming desire for it all to be set right, for the pain to subside and for there to be a sense of calm over my soul. Most importantly, I am left with God, broken and alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the last part of what you said, you did not lose God. Rely on God in this time. You also did not lose a part of your lovely personality, that is so infectious you do not know! You did not lose your sweet and lovely spirit that you have of you. The list can go on and on, do you want me to stop?

Christina said...

Thank you! You are a wonderful friend, I am so thankful for you.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm thankful for you. you are the blessing :)